Orange You Glad You Know This?
Oranges can provide more benefits than you think. Oranges and fresh-squeezed orange juice are known to be good for you, but most people may not know just how good for you they really are. Everyone knows them as a favorite source for Vitamin C (an important vitamin as it is not naturally occurring in the body). However they also provide:
- Betacarotene: An antioxidant which helps prevent cell damage.
- Calcium (33 mg per 100 gm): Maintains bone and teeth health.
- Folic Acid: Promotes proper brain development.
- Magnesium: Maintains blood pressure.
- Potassium (300 mg per 100 gm): Maintains electrolyte balance in cells and a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Thiamin: Helps convert food into energy.
- B6: Supports production of hemoglobin that carries oxygen to all parts of the body.
Makes you realize there was real reason why mom gave you orange wedges during soccer games, doesn’t it?
For more benefits of oranges see: Health Benefits of Orange
Photo Source: TheDailyGreen.com
Has a total of: 192 Notes